Hey Everyone, Its October Yay, I’m super excited not only does that mean its acceptable to wear dark and spooky attire it’s also my birthday month. I’ll be turning 31 this year kinda scary, the last year had gone so fast. I just wanted to note it actually spring here in Australia but that doesn’t matter I’ll for sure be rocking my skeleton leggings and pieces from the recent Blackmilk ‘Immortal Beauty’ collection which I’ll be posting about soon.
With Halloween being only a couple of weeks away, I thought that I would share with you a list of Cruelty-Free Special Effects Makeup Brands. I’ve been using Tag body art paints, unfortunately, these aren’t CF but I did not know that at the time of purchase I’ve had them for a while, however, some of the brands I have listed below should have some great CF alternatives.
Cruelty-Free Special Effects Makeup Brands
All the brands listed below are cruelty-free, it is either stated on their website or they have a cruelty-free certification but I also recommend doing your own research for your own benefits & beliefs. These brands may not be 100% vegan, I’ll include information on certifications and whether they are also 100% Vegan if I can find that information.
- Ben Nye Makeup – http://www.bennyemakeup.com
- Kryolan Professional Make-Up (Peta Certified) – https://us.kryolan.com/products
- Mehron Makeup (Peta Certified) – https://www.mehron.com
- Stargazer Cosmetics – https://www.stargazer-products.com
- Glitter Girl (for all your glitter needs*) – https://www.glittergirl.com.au
- Ripper FX Australia – http://ripperfx.com.au/
- PPI Premiere Products, Inc. (100% Vegan) – http://www.ppipremiereproducts.com/
* Glitter Girl’s glitter is a bio glitter (“Our Glitter products are made from plant-based film (cellulose). The material is derived from the fibres of eucalyptus trees, one of the most widely available and fastest growing trees on the planet.” – from the Glitter Girl Website) Which means that it’s also friendly for the planet.
Cruelty-Free Beauty Brands
Some of these beauty brands are great for creating spooky makeup looks, Manic Panic and Lunatick Labs specialise in alternative and spooky themed makeup products.
- Manic Panic (Peta Certified) – https://manicpanic.com
- Sugarpill Cosmetics (PETA & Leaping Bunny Certified) – http://www.sugarpillshop.com/
- Lunatick Cosmetic Labs (100% Vegan & PETA Certified) – http://www.lunaticklabs.com/
- Cinema Secrets (PETA Certified) – https://cinemasecrets.com/
- NYX Professional Makeup (Peta Certified) – https://www.nyxcosmetics.com or https://www.nyxcosmetics.com.au
Australian Special Effects Stockists
(that stock some CF SFX brands.)
These are some Australian Stockist that stock cruelty-free brands including some of the ones above.
- The Face Agency (Ben Nye) – http://www.faceagency.com.au/
- Beserk (sugarpill, manic panic, mehron, lunatik labs) – https://www.beserk.com.au/
- Face Paints Supplies Perth (Ben Nye, Mehron) – https://www.facepaintsuppliesperth.com.au/
- The Makeup Foundation (Ripper fx) – http://themakeupfoundation.com.au/
- Priceline Australia (NYX) – https://www.priceline.com.au/
I hope that this post has been helpful for you. Since choosing to go cruelty-free I’m definitely learning a lot and I’m trying my best to stay on top of researching brands to check their cruelty-free status. I do find that its all up to personal opinion on what you are okay with purchasing. When brands have a certification from Peta, Leaping Bunny or Choose Cruelty-free it makes it a lot easier to know that they are doing the right things.
For whatever reason, not all brands have done that, so I also like to check out what other cruelty-free bloggers or influencers are using when I’m deciding, especially when a brand that doesn’t have a certification. But It’s all personal preference.
I hope this post will be a good resource for those wanting to get some cruelty-free makeup for Halloween or just to do special effects makeup.
I hope to see you in my next Halloween post,
Other Posts You Might Find Interesting
If you liked this blog post, follow my blog to receive notifications whenever one of my posts goes live.
Did you know that you can follow me at the following places
Credits – cover image by Freepik, edited by me.
Disclaimer – This post is not sponsored and doesn’t contain any affiliate links, links included are for reference only in case your interest in purchasing the reviewed product.