Hey, guys, we are getting a bit personal today, I’m going to share with you 10 things you may not know about me. I feel like I’m turning over a new leaf with my blog I want to share myself and hopefully put a little bit of my personality into my writing, I’ve felt like I haven’t really done that much in the past, I was always more straight to the point but I feel like that can be a bit boring for people to read.
I guess I want to keep that but add some more of me in there because I know long posts can be hard to read. If you are anything like me you and have a short attention span, long posts can be overwhelming.
Some Interesting Facts About Me:
1. I love learning, no seriously I am always looking to learn new things. I have been studying on and off for many years, I’m drawn to creative courses and I have studied at least seven or so different courses over the years in art, photography, graphic design and now makeup. I’m an artist at heart so I’m always looking to learn and explore different things.
2. I love photography, I don’t know but you may have guessed that already. I’ve been fascinated with photography since I was young, I would play with my mum’s old film camera and take pictures of all different kinds of things. I studied darkroom photography which was really interesting to learn but these days I tend to stick with my digital camera, it’s easier and cheaper in the long run.
3. I’ve always been fascinated with the past and by that, I mean different times and what things were in fashion at the time. I think that’s why I love collecting things that remind me of those times, like vintage clothing or jewellery, cameras or tea sets.
4. I take self-portraits, well actually I haven’t done it in a while but I do love the process I’m hoping to get back into it soon. By self-portrait, I don’t mean a selfie of my makeup it’s much deeper than that, it’s about creating a story through photography.
5. I’m a Sci-Fi Buff, I’ll blame my mum for that it’s her fault I’m addicted to sci-fi and fantasy shows. It all started with Stargate: SG1 and went from there.
6. I love fantasy stories and am inspired by them, growing up my mum would read us stories like Harry Potter and we would watch movies Like The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland or Labyrinth, which are my all-time favourites. Ever since I’ve just found lots of inspiration in stories and have wanted to create them in my own way.
7. Listening to music is one of my favourite things, I will often listen to my current favourite band or album (which currently is Alter Bridge) before I go to bed it helps me relax and do a bit of mindfulness to calm my brain before going to sleep.
8. I love nature, though I definitely need to get out and enjoy it more, one of my favourite things to do is take photos of flowers there are so many and I just think they are beautiful.
9. I have an odd personality I decorate my space with lighter colours and fantasy inspired objects, but I listen to rock music and dress in band t-shirts and dark colours.
10. The last thing you may not know about me is that I have a few pets, I have 1 dog his names Olli, his like my child and I have two fish tanks 1 big and 1 small with approx 20 fish overall, I want to get some more though there is still plenty of room in my big one. I was addicted to the show Tanked and it inspired me to buy a fish tank, its hard work mainly the cleaning and water change but I love feeding them every morning and watching them play together.
There you go that’s 10 things you may not know about me, I hope you enjoyed reading it and I would love to know if we have anything in common.
What are your favourite things to do? Do you have any Pets or Hobbies?