Hey, my beautiful followers, I’ve been using a lot of high-end makeup recently so I wanted to focus on the more affordable items in my makeup collection this month. Seeing as it’s getting into the cooler months I thought I would create a autumn, fall look.
Ironically we are having a heatwave in Adelaide this week and being April it’s quite unusual. It’s usually cooled down by now.
Like I said I wanted to focus on using Affordable products, so for this look, I’ve used all affordable brands. I also accidentally used mostly Aussie brands for this look which was unintentional, but I always love to support Australian Brands, because I feel like they need more love.
Today I wanted to feature some newer products to my collection but also used a few that have been in my collection for a little while.
I used the DB Cosmetic ‘All Eyes On You‘ eyeshadow palette which was a limited edition palette released at Christmas but you could easily use the BYS Cosmetic ‘Berries’ palette to create a similar look.
Some of the new products I used for this look include the DB Cosmetics ‘Luminous Hydrating Foundation‘ which I mixed with the ‘Rise & Prime, Luminescent Primer‘ and lightened with the Australis ‘Match Maker Lightening Drops‘ to match my shade. I love this mix for days when I want something with a lighter coverage. I’ve also really been enjoying using a more hydrating foundation and then lightly setting, I just find matte foundations just settle on my skin and dry it out too much.
Another recent purchase that I used in this look is the Chi Chi Cosmetics ‘Iridescent Glow Highlighting Palette‘ & the ‘Opalescent Glow Cream Highlighter Palette‘. I used a mix of ‘Rose Quarts & Opal’ from the ‘Iridescent Glow‘ palette on my highlight points and ‘Unicorn‘ from the ‘Opalescent Glow‘ palette on my lips as a lip topper. Unfortunately, I feel like neither translated well in the photo.
I’ll include a list of everything I used below, I’m going to play more with the palettes from Chi Chi and the products from DB Cosmetic and I will hopefully post reviews about them sometime in the near future.
Products I Used:
- Eyes: DB Cosmetics – ‘All Eyes On You‘ palette
- Eyeshadow Primer: Essence – ‘I love colour intensifying eyeshadow base’
- Eyeliner: NYX Professional – ‘Matte Liquid Liner’ in ‘MLL01 Black’
- Face Primer: Savvy by DB – ‘Smooth Finish Primer‘
- Concealer: Australis – ‘Bye-Bye Blemish‘ in ‘Cool‘ and Innoxa ‘Cover & Correct Cream Concealer‘ Palette for colour correcting.
- Foundation: DB Cosmetics – ‘Luminous Hydrating Foundation‘ mixed with the ‘Rise & Prime, Luminescent Primer‘ and lightened with the Australis ‘Match Maker Lightening Drops‘ to match my shade.
- Finishing Powder: Chi Chi Cosmetics – ‘Real Minerals Finishing powder‘ in Translucent.
- Bronzer & Blush: Chi Chi Cosmetics – ‘Contour Extravaganza‘
- Highlight: Chi Chi Cosmetics – ‘Iridescent Glow Highlighting Palette‘ shades used ‘Rose Quarts & Opal’
- Lip Liner: Essence – lip liner in ‘06 Satin Mauve‘
- Lipstick: NYX Professional – Liquid Suede ‘LSCL12 Vintage/Retro’
What are your favourite affordable makeup brands?
Disclaimer – This post is not sponsored and doesn’t contain any affiliate links, links included are for reference only in case your interest in purchasing the reviewed product.