Hey, my beautiful readers, Today I’m going to talk about five beauty brands that I’d really love to try. All of these brands are indie beauty brands, I find myself really drawn to the more alternative brands like Sugarpill or Lunatic Cosmetics Labs. I’ve had my eye on these brands for some time and I feel like this year may be the year to actually try out some of their products.
Sugarpill Cosmetics are known for their alternative style and bright coloured eyeshadows. I’m really drawn in by some of their brighter coloured eyeshadows, but I would also love to try out some of their new liquid lipsticks that match the shades in their standard bullet lipstick range. I love when brands just stand out as being really different and are also really inclusive, SugarPill is all about being daring to be different and stand out from the crowd and I love that message.
If I had to pick a few products in particular that I would love to try it would be –
- Build Your Own Palette – so that I could pick out a bunch of their pressed eyeshadows like ‘Buttercupcake‘ which is a bright yellow and ‘Flamepoint’ a bright orange just for an example.
- Loose Eyeshadows or Pigments – They also offer some loose eyeshadows and pigments in some beautiful shades including bright neon colours.
- Liquid Poison Liquid Lipstick – Sugarpill recently released a bunch of awesome shades in their new Liquid Lipstick range, there are some fabulous colours like teals, purples, peachy, the list goes on.
Lunatick Cosmetics Labs have a really cool aesthetic, it has this haunted vibe I love it, what really drew me to wanting to try this brand was their packaging, particularly on their big contour palettes because it reminds me of the book from the movie Hocus Pocus which is one of my all-time favourite Halloween movies.
They also have some really cool collabs with ‘Elvira‘ and have recently released a ‘Vampira‘ palette. I just love their dark horror vibes.
If I had to choose a few specific products that I would love try it would probably be –
- Pro Contour Book Volume 1 – This thing is a monster and I love not only the packaging but the cool toned contour shades as well as some rosy blush tones & nude bronzy tones.
- Eyeshadow palettes – I would love to try some of their eyeshadow palettes including their collab type ones they look like fun.
I’ve known about Blackmoon Cosmetics for a while, their main products are liquid lipsticks and from what I’ve seen and heard they are supposed to be pretty good. They have recently released an eyeshadow palette and I’m a little on the fence about this one because to me the packaging and eyeshadows just don’t make sense. When they revealed their ‘Orb of Light’ palette I didn’t expect it to be a matte warm eyeshadow palette but something with colour shifting duo-chromes.
I will definitely keep an eye on this brand though to see what they release in the future but in the mean time, I’m interested in trying out some of their other products.
- Liquid Lipsticks – I would love to try both the ‘Liquid to Mattes’ as well as the ‘Black Metals‘, the ‘Moon Toppers‘ look pretty cool as well. I’ve heard really good things about their liquid lipsticks so this would probably be one of the first things I would like to try from Blackmoon.
Cosmic Eyedust – the ‘Cosmic Eyedust‘ is like a liquid eyeshadow that has a black base with a duo-chromatic shift, they are multi-purpose because they can be used as a base, topper or as a liquid liner.
I’ve seen this brand featured on many Instagram accounts, And I love their creative vibe. One of their most featured products being their ‘hydra-liners‘, which is what makes me want to try this brands product. I’m really drawn to the neon colours but would also love to try some of the Chromes, particularly the rose gold, teal and purple shades.
I’ve heard many good things about this brand and I love that they are affordable. I have to admit it was hard to just pick a couple of products they have so many. I feel like the main couple of products I would like to try would be some of their brushes, because I’ve seen a lot of people talk about them and some of their eyeshadows, in particular, the ‘Zodiac’ Palette, because I love the layout and the range of colours it offers. I also haven’t tried many baked formula eyeshadows so I feel like could be an interesting one to try out.
Have you tried any of the products from any of these brands? What ones would you recommend?
Disclaimer – This post is not sponsored and doesn’t contain any affiliate links, links included are for reference only in case your interest in purchasing the reviewed product. Images copyrighted to individual brands, Sugarpill Cosmetics, Lunatick Cosmetic Labs, Blackmoon Cosmetics, Suva Beauty and Bh Cosmetics. Images captured for education purposes.